VVT

Reaction score
I have received so much misinformation about my question that I will appeal to the forum. Check Engine light comes on. P0026...one I am familiar with and have completed the repair myself. It is my understanding that P0026 is concerning the VVT on the passenger side of the vehicle. Vehicle is a 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca.

I obtained what I think is the correct part number from Subaru for the passenger side...Part #10921AA070. The confusion is whether that number is correct or not. I was told by Advances Auto that the Subaru part number applies to the driver's side but that cannot be correct since I have some experience with this code.

The other question pertains to the side of the car in the description at an auto parts site. I am told that the right side is from the perspective of sitting in the driver's seat.

So I think I have 2 questions. Is P0026 for the passengers side and from which perspective is the words right or left...sitting in the car or looking at the front of the car.

Thanks for any help. I plan to contact my local Subaru parts guy again tomorrow for some clarification.

Scott

Subaru's part site shows that part number as being the "RH"(right hand) Passenger Side Sensor. DONT TRUST WHAT THE PEOPLE AT ADVANCED AUTO TELL YOU. 90% of people that work there don't have a clue. I did a google search of the part number and looked at Subaru's parts website. Very easy.
I also have access to Subaru's part catalog in dealer.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru__...-HEAD-SYSTEM-06MY-07MY/W10-006-01.html#10921B

Ask a Question