Transmission issue 4eat / please help

Reaction score
I have a 98 legacy 2.2 sedan. It has around 95k miles on it. I just bought the car about a month ago. Two days after buying the car it started acting a bit crazy. Sometimes when accelerating the car shifts in to neutral instead of third gear. IT's not slipping. It just revs up. I have to pull shifter back into 2 nd gear and try again. The only way it goes in when this happens is to manually shift at high rpms. The car shifts itself properly over half the time. Sometimes the car will not shift out of low gear as well. Again I have to pull shifter back into second gear then it will shift. Anyway. Yesterday I decided to put the Fwd fuse in it. NOw the car shifts find everytime. I have no check engine light on. The car one time did give the code PO720 one time. THe light then went out never to return. Any ideas. I am new to this forum and it was recommended to me by a friend.

Last edited:

Ask a Question