Tires

Reaction score
My understanding is the 2023 Crosstrek limited comes with Falken tires. Does anyone know the specific model of tire? I'm trying to decide if I want the stock tires or something else. The specs on Falken tires differ and I'd like to know which one comes with the vehicle to make a proper comparison.

Not sure where you heard this but all Crosstreks come with Yokohama Geolandars. They are a decent all season but not good enough for me and where I live. I'm in New England where the terrain varies as well as the seasons. I did not want to get a full set of winter snow tires so I did research and decided on BFG Trail Terrain all seasons. Everyone and their grandmother puts Falken Wildpeaks on their Trek and they're great, but I've been a BFG fan since the 90s and they have served me well on any car or Jeep I've put them on. I have OEM size on my 22 Sport and they are excellent in every condition I've encountered in the last 23,500 miles I've driven. Dry, wet, snow (deep and light) and cornering. These have the 3 peak snow rating too.

My 2021 has Falken ZIEX ZE001 A/S 225/55/18 tires.

Not very off roady but seem good overall. I have 25,000 miles on them and no issues yet.

My 2021 Crosstrek Limited had Falken ZIEX ZE001 A/S 225/55/18 tires. They were worn out at 34000 miles and I replaced with the Yokohama Geolander AT GO15, these are awesome in all conditions (3 Peak Snow Rating) and are actually quieter and better handling. The down side is they're about 6 pounds heavier each and combined with the increased rolling resistance killed my MPG's and I puy on a lot of highway miles! I just purchased a 2023 Outback and the stock Yokohama Avid GT's were terrible on snow and ice. I immediately pulled them and replaced with Bridgestone Weatherpeaks. These are true 4 season tires (3 Peak Snow rated) and improved handling, quieter, improved my MPG's as they are actually lighter much than stock and perform nearly as well as a dedicated snow tire in winter! They also have a 70,000 warranty and excel on the wet and dry. I wish I had put these on my Crosstrek as they would have been a much better option over the Geolander AT's.

Ask a Question