Tell me about your 2015 & newer Outback

Reaction score
Hi!
Doing research here....trying to decide if I want a Subaru (and if so, which one :) ). I would be driving mostly solo, combination in town / rural, in a climate that tends to have a LOT of snow/ice in winter (MN). I am petite (5'2), and I've heard the Forester is preferred over the Outback, because of sitting you up higher. I do like the size of the Outback though. We MIGHT consider using the car for long distance road trips as well (husband & I plus tall 20 year old :) ). Fuel economy means a lot to me, but also power and smooth ride as well as handling in bad road conditions.

How do you like the CVT? We've had only one vehicle with that transmission, and I only drove it a handful of times...so I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

What are some real "perks" of your Subaru, and what are some "downsides" that maybe you hadn't anticipated when you bought?

Any specific mechanical problems I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help you can share.

Ask a Question