Survival use of Subaru Outback

Reaction score
I recently had to evacuate due to Hurricane Ian. I have a 2022 Outback. The Outback is a serious asset when infrastructure is damaged. Specifically widespread of power loss. As part of my hurricane supplies I have some power banks. Each one appears to 5 volts 2000 mAh. I know the Outback can run on "accessory" mode (gas also being vital due to power outage) What I need to know is what is the power consumption of the Outback on accessory mode. How do I minimize that power consumption so I use the vehicle to charge needed devices (power banks, phone, handheld ham radio units, etc. In other words if I attempt to charge 4-5 devices roughly 10 watts each how long can I use the vehicle before needing to start the vehicle to recharge the vehicle battery.

Is this something I should consider at all or do I abandon this idea, stick a solar panel on top of the vehicle, charge a 12 volt 30 amp battery, and use it in a battery pack with 110 invertor and usb ports.

Ask a Question