Subaru WRX 2018 CVT with electric steering

Reaction score
Has any one experienced this problem of mine before?
While driving on the road, sometimes I feel a sudden turning force on the steering wheel as if the wheels are initiating a turn on their own. I feel this problem at any speed. 50 Km/h and up. And when this happens at high speed, like 130 Km/h, it is really scary. I feel as if the car is going to slam into the guard rails on the highway.

The problem comes on for a moment and then goes off.
I am wondering if this problem is coming from the the electric steering system, or the wheels.
I have new tires and new rims, Alignment was recently done and vehicle has about 40K kms, fairly new.

Do you have lane centering on? Eyesight, if equipped can do this, the reason I keep mine turned off. Electrical power steering is not a breakthrough feature, and doesn't do that.

Thank you, for the tip! I tried turning off VDC, traction control, and collision prevention, but didn't make a difference.
I will go with your recommendation and see if it eliminates the random pulse of wheel turns, which I feel on the steering wheel.
My vehicle has the full package of eyesight, actually, and I don't like most of its functions.

After testing and experimenting with and without lane departure assistant feature on, I can confirm that it is what was causing the vehicle to steer on its own for what it intends to keep you centered in the lane. Better keep it off all all times, especially at high speeds, unless you feel asleep, may be keep it on.

One other mention is also with other Euro models with on-board cameras.
Learned was the replacement windscreen glass and type of glass installed.
The Euro versions requires the camera to be calibrated using ADAS (Advanced Driver ASist) calibration software and hardware.

Ask a Question