SUBARU OUTBACK WILDERNESS: USING FULL-SIZE SPARE IN TIRE ROTATION

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the group and this is my first post.
2022 SUBARU OUTBACK WILDERNESS.jpg

I am getting close to rotating the tires in my brand new 2022 Subaru outback wilderness. I am hearing mixed reviews about rotating the tires and introducing the spare full-size tire into the mix. They say because of treadwear if you use the spare tire in an emergency it can cause issues with your transmission and four-wheel-drive system. In my opinion if I introduce the full size spare into the mix I would have now a brand new tire and three tires with 10,000 km on so to me that would mean there is already different treadwear depth and when I use a spare tire it would only be for a very short distance to get to the dealer to fix the other tire or get a new tire.

And that being said if you have to replace the damaged tire you would have to replace all four so that they all have equal treadwear again. Something difficult to get my head around. Lol!

Nice to meet you all!

I don't use my spare when rotating. If you get a flat just fix the flat with a plug or patch if possible. If needed use spare to make it to a shop, Most of the time I would think that you could. Then keep on until you need to replace tires due to them being worn out. I got a flat over 5000 miles ago plugged it no problem.

Thank you part time for your reply. That's exactly what I've been doing for years I keep a repair kit for tires in my car. There are so many good ones available on the market today.

Ask a Question