Subaru Newbie ( Well plan to be..)

Reaction score
I am currently in the market for a used Outback or Forester for my son. He is currently attending Medical School in Des Moines IA and needs something that can handle the IA winters and that he can drive to and from Michigan on school breaks etc. For the next 4 years a majority of his driving will be local again in Des Moines. It has been some time since I have really looked into Subaru's but I had actually sold them when I was 19 for a dealership in New York back in 1985-86. This was when the XT Coupe was the hot item along with the # Door Turbo Hatch Back, GL10 wagon ( Pre-Outback and Forester) etc. A lot has taken place since then with technology etc. What type year Forester and Outback should I stay away from? Miles should I walk away from in which repairs will become frequent?. I would prefer to get him a manual trans which he is looking for as well. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of my request.

Ask a Question