Starlink screen not responding to touch

Reaction score
Hello, all..
My 2015 Subaru Impreza base (hatch) is having some issues with the Starlink media screen. When I first got the car (secondhand) in October of 2018, the media screen was slow to respond to touch, but still worked. However, as of July 2019, it no longer responds to touch at all.
Well-- besides very, very occasionally.
The display still works, along with knobs, voice commands and steering wheel buttons. The screen itself just doesn't respond to touch. The dealership wants to charge around $700 for a new media module, plus $70 for diagnostics, which I think is absolutely crazy. I've considered buying a used screen on eBay, but would like to make sure there's not a simple fix I may be missing. I was completely fine with living without the touch screen, but in my state, texting/talking while driving without Bluetooth is illegal, and my phone recently deleted my car from its' list of previous Bluetooth connections, so I cannot re-register it without a working touch screen.
Please help, thanks!

Last edited:

Ask a Question