Starlink remote services not working

Reaction score
The remote services for my Starlink services are not working. The "locate vehicle", "lock vehicle" "sound horn" functions do not work on my mobile app or at the mysubaru website.

As part of tbe troubleshooting suggestions given to me by Starlinks tech support I have pushed the emergency services button and road side assistance button. In both cases I was connected with an operator. When I told them I was testing the system, they gave me the exact street address where I was parked. This suggests to me that the starlink hardware is functioning properly.

I now am receiving a message on the app that states that my starlink services may not be fumctioning properly and that I should take car to a dealer. I am willing to do this if it would be helpful, but doesn't seem likely that the dealer could do anything. I am suspecting the problem is a glitch in the software. Does anyone have any thoughts?

My 18 legacy is in the dealer right now for the second time for this issue. First time they kept her for almost two weeks working with the techline. Techline ended up clearing something on the back end and life was good for about a month. Then things started not working again. Called soa hoping to skip the dealer and they sent me back to the dealer as the issue was hardware. Dealer replaced the data control module today and called me to pick up. Remote services still not working so they are keeping it until they are.... Had the car a little over a year and almost a month in the shop for this issue. Let me know what they find for you.

My 18 legacy is in the dealer right now for the second time for this issue. First time they kept her for almost two weeks working with the techline. Techline ended up clearing something on the back end and life was good for about a month. Then things started not working again. Called soa hoping to skip the dealer and they sent me back to the dealer as the issue was hardware. Dealer replaced the data control module today and called me to pick up. Remote services still not working so they are keeping it until they are.... Had the car a little over a year and almost a month in the shop for this issue. Let me know what they find for you.

Well here's what happened. They replaced the data control module and we are back to good. Here's a shot of the parts/description.

Attachments

• 20191018_202358.jpg
    20191018_202358.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 374
Several weeks after I initially noticed the problem it went away on its own. I suspect that there may have been a software problem that Starlinks resolved but I don't know.

Well that's weird. I noticed the red status light in thre ceiling by the assistance/emergency buttons was on so I was about to chalk it up to a computer issue in the car that needed fixing. Hitting the Starlink button on the car's screen showed it wasn't connected to anything. I tapped slightly on the emergency button and then turned the car off and went back to work. A couple hours later I check the app again and it's all working. Either there was a local satellite issue or Subaru remotely reset it.

Whew... I've only had this car 7 weeks.

Same issue for me. new forester, picked up a month ago. Now I have sent back to dealership. They update me everyday. I think its the sotfware problem and they need techline approval to reset the sotfware.

Ask a Question