Sounds??

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 2018 Forester. The eyesight system makes several different sound alerts:

• When you cross a lane line - a series of quick tones
  • When at a stop, and the car in front of you moves forward
  • When an obstacle is detected prior to the auto brake starting
  • A mystery sound!! A single tone that sounds. This does not happen very often, but I have no clue what this is for!!
Can someone help me with this 4th tone???

Thanks!

I have the same question about the single tone that sounds at infrequent random intervals only when Eyesight is active. Anyone know why?

I have the same question about the single tone that sounds at infrequent random intervals only when Eyesight is active. Anyone know why?
I got a reply from Subaru what was essentially "look at the manual" in a very polite way. I don't see it anywhere! Someone help :)

If its a quick beep/chime it may be the eyesight system registering that an object(vehicle) has been identified. Each time the eyesight system sees a new vehicle in front of you it will beep to let you know it has picked up the vehicle and is actively monitoring.

If its a quick beep/chime it may be the eyesight system registering that an object(vehicle) has been identified. Each time the eyesight system sees a new vehicle in front of you it will beep to let you know it has picked up the vehicle and is actively monitoring.
The tone you're referring to is the one made when the adaptive cruise control is being used and cars move in/out of the space in front of you. I wish this was the one I'm referring to - but it's not :(

Ask a Question