Solved my 2014 Outback BT Problem

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here but have been driving Subies since 1985 (except for a three-year break when I leased a 325x Beemer for business reasons.) My current model is a 2014 Outback (bought used in 2018) and it just crossed the 70K miles mark. I love the brand for its longevity, but I sadly learned that upon upgrade to the latest Android OS phone, I could no longer pair to the radio via Bluetooth. According to the service dept at my dealer, the firmware designed into the radio is too old to communicate with the current version of Android. I had seen some discussion here about after-market radios, but found the prices not worth the expense for my eight-year-old vehicle. Thankfully, my web search led me to discover Blitzsafe.com They make a bluetooth module (BlitzBlue G2) that can sit in the center console, where there is AUX power and an AUX plug into the car's audio system. For $135 I can again safely make and receive phone calls by selecting AUX on my car radio...the sound is crystal clear and will play music or podcasts when I'm on the road. (Insider tip: They do not list Subaru among the car brands they support, but believe me, it works just fine!)

Ask a Question