Slight rubbing noise coasting forward

Reaction score
Hi All, since two days ago, I start hearing a subtle rubbing noise when the car is coasting forward, I only hear it when the surrounding is quite, and windows down. I cannot determine which wheel it's coming from. I tried a few things in an underground parkade. Braking doesn't change the level of noise, neither does turning. Engine noise easily overshadows the rubbing noise so can't tell acceleration makes it worse or not. When coasting backward, there's no noise, only coasting forward. I also jacked up each wheel and turned them with hand, they are equally hard to turn, without the rubbing noise. Can someone suggest where I should look? I don't want to send it to the dealer and get told the entire subframe needs replacement. Thanks

2013 Subaru Impreza touring, 10k km. I only hear the noise in the afternoon or evening, not in the morning, maybe related to temperature. I took it to dealer this morning but couldn’t demonstrate the noise at their lot.

My Impreza ended needing a pair of new bearings. My mechanic diagnosed it with a quick drive down the road and back.

Ask a Question