Should I stay or should I go now?

Reaction score
I am the not-so-proud owner of a 2013 Subaru Outback. Yes, that one.

My car had the oil consumption problem. The warning light would come on between oil changes, and I'd have to add oil far too often. After the dealer did the consumption test, Subaru agreed to replace the short block at 95k miles.

About 3,000 miles later, the car began shifting roughly, especially in traffic. The Subaru dealer says the transmission is done, and so now I am working on having that replaced as well, with the extended warranty.

HERE IS MY QUESTION:
With part of the engine having been replaced and the transmission fixed, are the big issues out of the way for me?
The car is right at 100k miles, and ideally i'd like to pay it off this year and drive it until the wheels fall off.
I hate having a car payment and have no problem driving an older car....but i don't want another HUGE issue coming up.

I'm not a car geek, so advice from anyone with actual subaru smarts and knowledge of the 2013s would be a huge help!

thanks!!

Ask a Question