She Who Must Be Obeyed wants an Outback - and who am I to argue . . .

Reaction score
Hello - SWMBO has actually decided to consider an Outback (at the moment I'm hoping she'll wait for the 2020), but she seems to be serious. She's coming out of a '13 Hyundai Sonata Limited - not my cup of tea. My sister and her husband own Subarus (after various Ford SUVs) and they love them.

My history with Subaru extends to a press trip to Savannah, GA for the WRX intro in '02 (IIRC) during which I saw how well the company acts - I was sitting next to an owner in the Savannah airport, I got up and asked if the PR flak would like to talk to her and he and the NA President went over and spent five minutes or so chatting - try that with Mary Barra. I've had some good seat time in various STi products over the years, and my buddy 'Peaty' is a dyed in the wool Subaru fanatic (we used to be on the same online forum together in the mid-'90s, I won't mention the car but they were known as the 'Detour & Mistake' ; -).

Thanks for letting me participate, you may come to regret it at some point but in the interim . . .

Ask a Question