Seat comfort

Reaction score
Just finished buying a very pretty 2020 outback Touring XT. Drives great : However I drive 70 miles to work and 70 miles back each day --has anyone noticed this: it feels like I am sitting on a metal bar ?? It actually is very ,very uncomfortable. I found on some old sites this has been a problem in the past but w/ the all new updated 2020 inside , I assumed it was fixed . Help please with any advice -

we drive our cars forever and I am pretty sure I will not be able to sit in this for ever: I am a 5'6 woman 130 lbs

Any advice is helpful --thank you

Just finished buying a very pretty 2020 outback Touring XT. Drives great : However I drive 70 miles to work and 70 miles back each day --has anyone noticed this: it feels like I am sitting on a metal bar ?? It actually is very ,very uncomfortable. I found on some old sites this has been a problem in the past but w/ the all new updated 2020 inside , I assumed it was fixed . Help please with any advice -

we drive our cars forever and I am pretty sure I will not be able to sit in this for ever: I am a 5'6 woman 130 lbs

Any advice is helpful --thank you
rguion, hello and congratulations on your 2020 outback Touring XT. Please note, I am experiencing the same difficulties with noticeable pressure under/along my upper thighs in my 2020 Outback. If it troubles me on the way to the local grocery store, I can't imagine what it will do for you while driving to work?! Furthermore, the Thigh Extension appears to be useless since it actually shortens the overall length of the seat. I am wondering whether this feature is part of the problem. I have brought this issue to the attention of the dealer as I am worried what impact it will have on drivers' fatigue or my personal health!!!

I am SO uncomfortable in my brand new 2020 Outback. So distressed by it. My thighs hurt, my left hip gets hot and my leg goes numb. I will never be able to use it for long road trips. The dealer gave me a contact of a group that can add padding and try to change the overall deeply-bucketed seat styling. I am in-process of having them customize an insert. I am beyond upset about this. The car is perfect in every other way. anyone else have any suggestions?

Ask a Question