Seat belt issue

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie, just bought a 2022 outback touring and love it except for 1 thing
The front passenger seat belt stalk digs into my wife's hips, dealer says others have complained about this but they couldn't help, anyone else had this issue and what did you do about it

Yeah it's a reoccurring problem unfortunately. There are a few methods that could help.

One of the more simpler ways is to just turn it around. If you look from your back seat, you should see the shiny silver bolt that attaches the buckle shaft a few inches from the floor. All you need is the right size wrench to remove that bolt, then take the metal part off and just rotate it around so that the that buckle is facing towards the console.

I don't know for sure if this method is applicable to the newer models though.
It's such a shame Subaru hasn't already addressed this issue. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Turning it around would put the buckle even closer to the seat edge and her hips. It really needs bending towards the transmission tunnel. I forced a small piece of timber between the seat and the stalk and that works but looks shonky

Ask a Question