Scary Handling in wet conditions

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem with their foresters? I have a 2018 forester that I really love, however last summer while driving I hydroplaned across 4 lanes on the highway while going 60 mph, which I know can be fast in rain so I assumed it was my fault and that I probably needed new tires. So I got a set of good tires and slowed down when raining, but even now, going 45 mph down the highway I can feel the car slipping on the road and it feels like I have no control over the car. I’ve never felt nervous driving in rain but in this car I feel like I’m going to crash, even in light rain. My husband though I was crazy so I made him drive it to work last week and he called me 10 minutes after leaving because he had hydroplaned several times and wasn’t even going that fast. I love my Subaru so much, but I don’t understand why it’s doing this. Everything I’ve looked up basically tells me it’s in my mind, but it’s really an issue. I don’t want to have to get another car, I’d like to fix the issue if I can. Anyone experience this??

shot in the dark but, check your tire pressure. over-inflated tires will slide or sway like beach balls in wet conditions...

Look into the dealership and see if your traction control is functioning properly. sounds like a traction issue.

Ask a Question