Reversing All Wheel Drive "On & Off" Switch

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a newbie here. I have a 2013 Tribeca. Bought it new in 2014. Love the power and traction. A little disappointed with gas mileage and tire clearance in wheel wells and overall ground clearance. Was wondering if anyone knows if you can reverse the switch that disengages the all wheel drive system to work in the opposite way like alot of other manufacturers do so.So that when you press the switch it actually turns on the all wheel drive system and notifies you on the instrument panel that the system is engaged rather than, normally, telling you that the all wheel drive system is Disengaged. This to me would make much more sense as I drive with it disengaged 60% of the time for better mileage and less tire wear. One last thing, wouldn't it have been cool if Subaru had made available as an option a push button auto body raising and lowering system for the car. It certainly would have been helpful in getting through some of the deep snow that we encounter up here in Tahoe. I can't help but think it really would have made the car a real winner.

Ask a Question