Report: 6-Speaker Kicker Upgrade plus Alpine KTA450 PowerPack Amp

Reaction score
Had the complete 6-speaker Kicker upgrade, along with the Alpine KTA450 PowerPack amp, professionally installed in my 2018 2.5 Premium yesterday. I retained the OEM head unit as I wanted to see how good the sound would be with just this initial upgrade. The improvement is very impressive! Highs and mids are MUCH clearer and cleaner. I now hear instruments and notes I didn't hear before the upgrade, even at low volume. Without a doubt, the upgrade was worth every penny to me. I haven't listened at high volume yet, or to music that benefits from solid base, so I'll wait a couple months before deciding if I'll add a sub. My instinct now is that I won't...but we'll see. I've read from several posters how cheap the OEM speakers are so I was anticipating as much...but they looked more like toys than speakers. I'm amazed they didn't sound worse than they did. Adding the amp really helped as I believe the OEM head unit would've required a much higher volume setting to please meet my volume demands, which would've resulted in much more distortion.

Ask a Question