Replacing front strut kit -cannot get the wheel hub back in position

Reaction score
Dear Wise Forum

I need some help. I bought new strut/coil kits (Monroe) thinking it would be an easy replacement without need for coil compression. However, I have now run into another unexpected problem. When fitting the strut into place i cant get the wheel hub back into position to bolt the two together. The wheel hub is now angled outwards and I am not able to push it back. It seems like its the axel which is stopping it.

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreaciated since google only gives me a bunch of videos showing smooth replacements.

Best,
ailisa

sounds like you over extended ( pulled the axle shaft out of the axle cup) the joint cup on the inside of the axle shaft when you took it apart I would turn the axle itself by hand and see if iot pops back in . Just a thought not sure what else it could be The rubber boot would hold everything together but it would be way over stretched if this is your problem.

sounds like you over extended ( pulled the axle shaft out of the axle cup) the joint cup on the inside of the axle shaft when you took it apart I would turn the axle itself by hand and see if iot pops back in . Just a thought not sure what else it could be The rubber boot would hold everything together but it would be way over stretched if this is your problem.

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, someone else also suggested this. I will try to rotate the axle first, but the other advice I have received say I need to take out the axle and remove the boot to assemble the joint.

Ask a Question