Registered driver info

Reaction score
There is a MPG for the odometer ( I understand that ), there is also an MPG for each registered driver (CID top center). Nowhere in the book(s) does it tell you how to reset the MPG for each driver. Any input?

There is a MPG for the odometer ( I understand that ), there is also an MPG for each registered driver (CID top center). Nowhere in the book(s) does it tell you how to reset the MPG for each driver. Any input?
Would this help? I know it's a different Subaru...

No, this video explains the trip A&B, not the MPG in the Multifunction. The Multifunction uses the "registered driver" MPG. When you climb into the Outback, the car recognizes the driver by the eye scan. It will then know that particular driver and continue with the average MPG that that driver has driven - like forever. What I questioned was if there was a way to zero that MPG out for the specific driver and start over?

No, this video explains the trip A&B, not the MPG in the Multifunction. The Multifunction uses the "registered driver" MPG. When you climb into the Outback, the car recognizes the driver by the eye scan. It will then know that particular driver and continue with the average MPG that that driver has driven - like forever. What I questioned was if there was a way to zero that MPG out for the specific driver and start over?
I obviously misunderstood. Is your dealer of no help?

I would like to know this, as well. My center top one shows 99.9 mpg
Mine has just done the same thing. It's my understanding that the only way to reset the "registered driver" MPG is to delete the driver and start over. Kind of a pain in the you-know-where if you ask me, but I believe that's the only way.

I know this is an older thread, but figured I'd post what I've learned. I finally figured out how to reset the MPG reading that is linked to a specific driver profile and displayed in the widget at the top of the large infotainment screen found in the latest model Subarus. There is nothing to explain this procedure in any Subaru manual or instruction that I have found. But I did it! This is how...

This mileage readout is linked to a specific driver in those cars that have "driver monitoring". It is not linked to the trip meters A and B. In order to reset the MPG on the widget, you need to go into the "Setting" menu on the infotainment screen. In Settings, touch the "Car" tab. Scroll down to "Driver Monitoring". Once in Driver Monitoring, you need to delete the driver for which you want to reset the mileage readout. Then, when you reinstall that driver you will have a new mileage readout.

Took a while to figure it out, but got it done and thought I'd share!

Ask a Question