ramps for back seat. Crosstrek 2019

KLP

Reaction score
My Golden Retriever is no longer able to enter the car. I want her in the back seat. I have tried all sorts of ramps. All returned. Two issues. Door does not open far enough to place the ramp and there is nothing to grab onto on the rail. I have tried free standing ramps for her to just walk in. This does not work, because the seat cushion is too high. Please let me know what I can use to allow the dog to enter the car for the back seat. I am out of ideas and my dog and her human are struggling. Thank you.

Put a ramp to the boot. Lower a seat so she can walk through, then either raise it or just let it be. Much easier for the dog to walk into the hatch.
Best I can come up with.
Good luck on keeping your riding buddy.

My Golden Retriever is no longer able to enter the car. I want her in the back seat. I have tried all sorts of ramps. All returned. Two issues. Door does not open far enough to place the ramp and there is nothing to grab onto on the rail. I have tried free standing ramps for her to just walk in. This does not work, because the seat cushion is too high. Please let me know what I can use to allow the dog to enter the car for the back seat. I am out of ideas and my dog and her human are struggling. Thank you.
Thanks f or your reply. i have been reluctant to use the trunk area for entrance. Yes, the seat would be down. The ramp was super long and cumbersome and there is a bit of drop on entering. I will go back on-line and see if there is a ramp, that will finally work. .

Thanks f or your reply. i have been reluctant to use the trunk area for entrance. Yes, the seat would be down. The ramp was super long and cumbersome and there is a bit of drop on entering. I will go back on-line and see if there is a ramp, that will finally work. .
Wow. Sounds like the old girl is in rough shape. She still has you though and it sounds like she is in good hands.
Good Luck.

For what it's worth, I hear ramps are more difficult to use than stairs/steps for dogs. Maybe look for a small set of steps. Easier to toss in the hatch as well, vs a long ramp that will probably need a seat folded down to fit. Obviously look for sturdy ones, not the foam style to assist getting up on beds and such. My 90lb Boxer Mix was always having a hard time getting up into my lifted Jeep, felt so bad. I looked for ramps until the cows came home, no luck. Built my own and she literally jumped around it! Problem solved, traded Jeep in for my 22 Crosstrek Sport. She can now just step in and out :) Good luck with your search!!

FWIW, I was getting work done today and Subaru had a pet ramp on display. Went to the boot, and had pet covers so that seats could lay, split, or pet could ride in boot or carrier. Seems KLP wan't all that interested in that option, but his girl sounds pretty rough. Happy shopping.

Ask a Question