P0031 Primary O2 low voltage

Reaction score
Hello all, new member but been watching the forum for a year or two. I'm looking for some help with my 2007 Outback. The code says low voltage to the primary O2 sensor. The +12V is provided through the key switch and is present. The ground is controlled by the ECU. There is no ground coming from the ECU, I have traced, jumped, tested every connection from the O2 plug to the ECU and the connection is solid. Bought another ECU, sent it out to be reprogrammed with my VIN and same problem. Thinking the ECU might be bad did the same with a third ECU.
Question is, what tells the ECU to provide that grounding signal?? I'm in the Peoples' Republic of Kalifornia and I can't get the registration renewed. Been to two auto electric guys and they are stumped, anyone have any ideas? And replacing the O2 sensor again is not going to make the ECU magically start providing a ground or am I wrong?
Thanks;
Alan

Ask a Question