No start on STI

Reaction score
so recently i bought a 2014 wrx sti and it didnt start one day so i looked around the forums and found out its possibly a clutch position sensor. took it to the dealership to have them run a diag on it and low an behold it was the sensor, fast forward a few days and its replaced i bring it home and it cranks fine. later that night when i get ready to go to work it doesnt crank so i look under the dash board and hold the sensor button down and it cranks right up and after it cranks once it will crank without fail after it unless the car sits like overnight or something.

so today marks 2 weeks since its been replaced and i sent it back to the dealership to figure out why it doesnt start sometimes and they say that it cranks everytime for them and they couldnt recreate the problem so they sent it back to me yesterday. today i go into to work cranks fine, i get out of work ready to go home and it doesnt crank, so at this point im irritated so i decide just to push/jump the car and it cranks up fine. drive it home and when i parked i turned it off and it cranked right back up.

at this point im wondering if just bypassing the sensor would be the best route or what other thing it could possibly be because the dealership keeps telling me its fine and its obviously not.

There is more than one circuit that controls the start circuit. Find a smarter "mechanic".

Attachments

• 2014 Subaru WRX STi Starter Circuit.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question