News Flash: Relay this if you can!

Reaction score
We own a 2006, 2008, and 2011 Tribeca. I replaced all the lights with LEDs and really like them a lot. As expected, there is the issue of the hyper-flash associated with the turn signal LEDs. I would like to replace the flasher relay to correct this issue. Can anyone please share what brand/model number, or even a link to the exact relay I can use to accomplish this? I have been searching for days with no luck!

Please note, I do not want to go with resistors as a solution. I would really prefer to just dig into the dash and replace the relay. I also do not want any extra features with the relay. Just a simple plug and play that would bring the LEDs back to being close to the stock flash rate and function like original.

Worst case scenario, I will just go back to incandescent bulbs for the turn signals. I really like the amber (front) and red (rear) LED turn signal bulbs, so I hope I can find a solution and keep them.

I believe all three of our Tribeca’s use the same relay, and the OEM Subaru part number is 86111XA010. They show up as “Turn and Hazard Relay (Sound) part 86111C” on the parts diagrams. There is also another part on the parts list shown as “Turn and Hazard Unit (86111)”, but I don’t think that is the one I need to replace. Can anyone verify I am looking at the correct part that needs replaced?

Thanks!

Ask a Question