Newbie with a question

Reaction score
I’m having trouble calling & receiving phone calls. My phone is correctly paired,but I can’t hear or no one can hear me . I get a very quick message that disappears, something about radio & phone are not operating while Media is on..any help would be appreciated. This is a 2020 Subaru Outback

Last edited:
JfromPA, is your phone Apple or Android? Are you using a USB cable plugged into the correct USB slot or are you using Bluetooth to connect your phone to your vehicle?

I have a similar question and didn't want to start a new thread. Does bluetooth generally work at all with Subaru's and Android or is it sort of an afterthought, something they don't care to fix? Much of what I have seen seems to indicate they prioritize Iphones at the expense of Android users. It seems really odd that you would have to plug in a cable. My old 2009 Focus works great with our Android phones over bluetooth. For calls and for music(or podcasts, audio books, etc) No cables or apps needed. Is there something Subaru is doing differently?

Ask a Question