New wheels.. now I have a abs light

Reaction score
i recently upgraded my wheels in my 15 impreza hatch. Stock size is a 205/50r17. I bought new wheels and tires that are 245/40r18. All was good for approx 10 miles. Then the abs light, traction control, and hill start light came on. Stopped and cycles the key and light went away. Few miles down the road, all the lights came on again. It's been hit or miss the last couple days.. sometimes they come on and stay on, other times it take a day or so to come on. Checked all the wheels speed sensors to make sure I didn't run through a sensor wire, which I did not. Noticed the other day when I start the car and light are on it will not come out of park unless I press down on the shift interlock to release it from park.. out of ideas on what to try now to fix the problem

Your new tires are significantly wider (9.6" vs. 8.1"). Is it possible they are rubbing somewhere inside the wheel well?

Ask a Question