New-to-me 2006 3.0 R VDC Limited

Reaction score
OK. Just purchased this car. 2006 3.0 R VDC Limited, 106,000 miles, Private sale. Looked good, sounded good, purchased. It's my first Subaru. I'm 47 and have always had a strange appreciation for the "Every car has All Wheel Drive" claim and expertise.

Drove home about 55 miles on the highway. Felt great. The car is for my wife, but all my cars are my playground. I own or have owned a TJ, Pathfinder, Tacoma, F-150, Police Interceptor...I just love wrenching and hearing about wrenching.

Now for the real fun...I have no idea what maintenance was done, so I want to do the normal stuff: Oil Change, Differential fluid, Transmission fluid, spark plugs...Do I need to change the fuel filter? What am I not asking? What say you all? I can look up the specs on all the fluids. Can you point me to the "How To's" on this site (or other sites).

I am not pre-emptively changing radiators, etc. But I am willing to yield to the wisdom from you-all. I am looking for a list of:
Do this now (100,000 mile maintenance)
Do this later
You are crazy if you don't do this
****, I'll love to hear you all fight over which oil you use (I always use synthetic oil) and why. I am in Michigan. Warm summers, cold winters...(let the oil fight begin)

I am fairly handy. I do my own brakes, brake lines, calipers, plugs, exhausts, shocks, struts, tie rod ends (inner and outer)...

I've never changed a head gasket or changed a timing belt (I know this has a chain)...but my day will come.

Even if you point me to a thread where someone asked the same question...Cool.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question