New to it all

Reaction score
Hey, everyone -

New to the board and new to the brand. I'm located in Durango, CO and recently picked up a 2008 Impreza sedan (n/a) - was too good of a deal to pass up.

She is a bit rough looking but I believe just needs cleaned up and a little love here and there.

What I was told:
- new clutch
- new tires
- new radiator
- new fluids
- new battery
- new alternator
- new plugs and wires
- new timing kit
- head gaskets done 20k ago (allegedly)

So far I've done the following:
- full interior detail
- steam cleaned seats and carpets
- new leather shift boot, ebrake boot, and console cover
- new shift knob
- new all weather mats
- new kn filter
- new LED headlights, license plate lights, map lights, and dome light
- removed door mouldings
- new snowboard/ski rack
- checked/cleaned pcv valve
- new cabin filter
- new push clips for body
- new tow eye cap (not installed, yet)
- new fog lights with led bulbs (not installed, yet)

On order:
- new front/rear struts
- new front/rear sway bar end links
- new front/rear pads/rotors

Lastly I'll be doing a full exterior buff and polish with new wheels and a couple paint touchups. I also believe the P/S pump is leaking so may replace that in the near future.

I've only driven the car appx 15 miles so I may find some other issues I'll address once I do a proper shake down drive...right now I'm having some smoke out of the tailpipe on startup after it sits - hoping it's just valve seals but I'll be doing a block/gasket test as soon as the test fluid is delivered this weekend. I'm a bit nervous since it looks like coolant has been pushed into the overflow and I can see some bubbles after shutting it off - still have hopes it's just air in the system due to the new radiator which I'll burp this weekend, but, well see.

Also have a cylinder 3 misfire code so may replace the wire even though it's new - pulled the plugs and cleaned them and re-gapped them earlier today (confirmed new). Only started it a couple of minutes to re-park it so unsure if the light will go off.

Attached a pic of how it currently sits along with the new leather and shift knob - no pics of the seats cleaned as those were just done today.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Attachments

• IMG20230518103222.jpg
    IMG20230518103222.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20230510072754.jpg
    IMG20230510072754.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics