New Here! 2006 (we are both old) in for 4th? Mass Air Flow Sensor

Reaction score
Taking a shot in the dark here. Very frustrated as my 2006 Legacy has had 3 air flow sensors replaced in the last
year and a half. The first 2 were after market and didn't last very long. Last one they bought direct from the factory
I believe. That was almost a year ago.

My check engine light came on again so I called and made an appt. Talked to them last Friday and they seem to be
at a loss as to what the problem is. The guy mentioned air in take valves or hoses.. but said those were just replaced
a year ago. I am living ground hog day. It's the same problem over and over. My vehicle is in very good condition both
inside and out. I am on a limited budget.. don't drive too far ( retired and also afraid to break down ). I have gone to this
place primarily since I got the care in 2014. They did extensive work on the transmission in the same year (3500.00).

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?? There is a Subaru shop in the city I live in. Should I bite the
bullet and go? Would it make a difference?

Thank you

Taking a shot in the dark here. Very frustrated as my 2006 Legacy has had 3 air flow sensors replaced in the last
year and a half. The first 2 were after market and didn't last very long. Last one they bought direct from the factory
I believe. That was almost a year ago.

My check engine light came on again so I called and made an appt. Talked to them last Friday and they seem to be
at a loss as to what the problem is. The guy mentioned air in take valves or hoses.. but said those were just replaced
a year ago. I am living ground hog day. It's the same problem over and over. My vehicle is in very good condition both
inside and out. I am on a limited budget.. don't drive too far ( retired and also afraid to break down ). I have gone to this
place primarily since I got the care in 2014. They did extensive work on the transmission in the same year (3500.00).

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?? There is a Subaru shop in the city I live in. Should I bite the
bullet and go? Would it make a difference?

Thank you

I forgot to mention when I talked to someone Friday, he said the code lights pointed to the sensor again.

The first couple of times my car completely stalled out and wouldn't run. This time just the check engine

light came on.

Ask a Question