New Crosstrek help

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the forum and need some help. We own a 2013 Crosstrek that has 170000 miles on it and needs a new CBT transmission at the cost of 7400 bucks. We are not going to put that money into this car and are looking at new Crosstreks. I am Leary to go with another CVT after having this go bad on me and am interested in the manual transmission. I can be pursueded to either just want the best transmission and engine in our next Subaru. Thoughts?

Thanks for your input and knowledge on this car.

This is why I was hesitant to buy one with a CVT. I HATE CVTs....but...the only manual ones offered are the two low end ones, that don't have other features. I was really close to getting an HR-V from Honda, but those are CVT, as well. I wanted the 2.5 litre Boxer engine, which is why I just ordered a '23 Sport....maybe I should back out of it... Although...I doubt I'll keep this one as long as you have...but that's no excuse...

I think we will be ordering a Sport as well. We want to drive the manual and then will order. I am worried about how long it may take after ordering to actually see a car.

I think we will be ordering a Sport as well. We want to drive the manual and then will order. I am worried about how long it may take after ordering to actually see a car.

The sport doesn't come in manual...only the Base & Premium versions. I was told 8-12 weeks at a few dealerships. I ordered yesterday, and it's in the pipeline for November...but who knows.

Ask a Question