New Ascent Owner

I am also a new Ascent Limited owner. How do you like your new car?

Last edited:
Not sure if others are having issues.

Had to have my front brake pads replaced, grinding noises, also appear to be having issues with auto liftgate, sometimes wants to open and other times it does not. Lastly, my Bluetooth and is very quirky, keeps loosing my my phone contacts, likewise android auto wants to work some times

I have not experienced those issues, at least not yet. Still have just under 2,000 miles. My biggest complaint is that they over rated the gas mileage. Yes, it can get more mileage if you are traveling on the freeway with no traffic, constant speed, and down hill. But, normal traffic combined City/Hwy is around 17 mpg at best. I've had tanks with less. Maybe that's what you get in a car that big with a 4 cylinder turbo engine. I've only seen 2 Ascents on the road since we got ours 3 months ago. We'll see how it does in the snow. Could be the last Subaru for us

I have not experienced those issues, at least not yet. Still have just under 2,000 miles. My biggest complaint is that they over rated the gas mileage. Yes, it can get more mileage if you are traveling on the freeway with no traffic, constant speed, and down hill. But, normal traffic combined City/Hwy is around 17 mpg at best. I've had tanks with less. Maybe that's what you get in a car that big with a 4 cylinder turbo engine. I've only seen 2 Ascents on the road since we got ours 3 months ago. We'll see how it does in the snow. Could be the last Subaru for us
We've had ours for 2 weeks now. According to the dash computer mileage, we got 28 hwy. (driving about 100 hwy miles) but I haven't done an actual mileage vs gallons pumped figure yet which could be different. One thing I don't like with the adaptive cruise is when you clear a vehicle in front of you by changing lanes, it "floors" it to get back to set cruise speed which wastes gas. Since we do 60% highway driving, it may be difficult to check the actual city driving mileage.

One thing I don't like with the adaptive cruise is when you clear a vehicle in front of you by changing lanes, it "floors" it to get back to set cruise speed which wastes gas. Since we do 60% highway driving, it may be difficult to check the actual city driving mileage.

Very new owner here. We've only got 25 miles on her so far. I did notice going through the Function settings and adjustments on the combination meter display yesterday that you can change how the cruise control acts to get back to cruise speed. Page 27 of the Owners Manual shows the different settings. "Cruise Control Acceleration Characteristics* Options are Lv.4 (Dynamic)/Lv.3 (Standard)/Lv.2 (Comfort)/Lv.1 (Eco)" Default is Lv.3 (Standard). I think if you change it to Lv. 1 Eco it would be better on gas.

Hello there! I have a Legacy but the Ascent has the same motor. The adaptive cruise control system (if you set it on high mode like Lv. 4) will really waste gas, romping on it and accelerating really fast. Right now we have it set to Standard and it's all right. We usually get around 23 mpg driving on the highway, which is about on par for the car.

Ask a Question