New 2023 Crosstrek owner

Reaction score
Hello,

After owning 20 or so cars in my life I finally got around to owning a Subaru...a 2023 Crosstrek Premium. After 3 months of driving it I can say I'm happy with my purchase (despite probably paying too much). It only has the 2.0L engine but the car seems plenty peppy around town. It also handles much better than my old RAV4, and gets better gas mileage. My big complaints so far are the poor visibility out the rear window (not a fan of "privacy glass") and that so far I haven't been able to get the expensive HomeLink rear-view mirror to work with my garage door (still working on that). Glad I found this site, and plan to make use of it in the future.

Thanks,

Allen

Hello,

After owning 20 or so cars in my life I finally got around to owning a Subaru...a 2023 Crosstrek Premium. After 3 months of driving it I can say I'm happy with my purchase (despite probably paying too much). It only has the 2.0L engine but the car seems plenty peppy around town. It also handles much better than my old RAV4, and gets better gas mileage. My big complaints so far are the poor visibility out the rear window (not a fan of "privacy glass") and that so far I haven't been able to get the expensive HomeLink rear-view mirror to work with my garage door (still working on that). Glad I found this site, and plan to make use of it in the future.

Thanks,

Allen
Congrats on your new Subaru! The garage door issue should be an easy fix. Push learn button on your opener in the garage. Then push and hold the button you want for the opener on your mirror. Hold for 15-20 seconds. Garage door light should blink when "learned"

Hello, and thanks for your suggestion. I tried it, but didn't have any luck. I have also tried the 2-second method suggested on the HomeLink site...put the opener in program mode, and then press and hold the mirror button for 2 seconds. Repeat pressing the mirror button if necessary for up to 3 times (or until the 30 second time limit runs out). No luck. I've also tried several other methods, such as programming the mirror button using the hand-held remote but that didn't work either. My opener is a 12-year old Genie, and the owner's manual for the car says for Genie openers, check the Genie and HomeLink web sites for specific information on how to do it. I've done that, but still haven't found a way that works.

Thanks,

Allen

Ask a Question