Nav System SD card

Reaction score
New to the forum, not to Surbaru. I bought my fifth one today, a 2017 Forester Limited. Beautiful, well cared for car, but when I tried to bring up the Nav system it said it did not have an SD card. When I questioned this I got a story about how the previous own had never gotten one because she thought it too costly...May or may not be true, however what I was told about the former owner, I would be VERY surprised if that were true.
Regardless, I DO want the nav so asked the cost to replace the card; almost a thousand dollars (CDN)???!!!??? I said that was ludicrous, and got a long song & dance about how "special" and "unique" this SD card was, to which I called B.S.
The car was advertised with a Nav system, not an icon for one that only needed cash to function.
Any of you that have the nav system, ideally in an 2017 Forester; did you have to pay a rediculous amount of money in addition to the price of the car to have it function? Surely there must be a workaround to this cash grab? I'm seeing all sorts of Nav SD cards on eBay for different cars for $50, $100 but NONE for over $900

Ask a Question