My Daughter just picked up an OB XT!

Reaction score
After four years of driving a salvage titled Malibu Maxx, my oldest is free of it. It was passed on to the younger daughter who is oh so glad of that ;). Meanwhile after searching for a good Outback for my oldest that fit in the price point a college kid can afford (my kids pay their way), we stumbled upon a couple. Black 2005 LL Bean H6 and a White 2007 XT. Both 3 hours away and an hour from each other. She chose the XT between them. Won't lie I am kind of jealous as the XT I have always wanted in a Baja but can't justify getting when I have 3 motorcycles and a truck.

Now I have had OB's before and all but one of the 5 were great cars (had a 2005 lemon). However, I have never had an XT or any turbo Subi. As it is used, I need to see what issues I can expect from it. I know the head gasket issue if you let a 2.5 even get close to overheating and I imagine the turbo exaggerates it right? I figure the select-able traction setting makes the suspension a pain too? What can I expect from it trouble wise basically?

Also, she is an A to B driver. If it starts, she's happy. I on the other hand am more of the what can be improved type. I have modded turbo cars before, but again, no Subi. What little mods work best on these cars to make it last longer, run better, and be more efficient?

Thanks in advance!

00l0l_aVXKWagFH0m_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_eEIweO3Z1eZ_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_9v3h6XZZW9m_1200x900.jpg

gdcpony - Welcome to the forum. What a great find, it looks like it is in great condition.

To keep them running long I recommend a good oil such as Amsoil. Keep it changed on a normal frequency. An upgrade to the intake air filter such as a KN air filter keeps the motor breathing well. Keep a good set of tires on it and rotated and balanced, that car will run for a very long time.

Send me a PM for a discount on ordering some Amsoil.

Ask a Question