Morning start problem forester

Reaction score
2 times to subaru repair same problem. Car has hard time starting in morning first thing. No problem starting remainder of day. 1st time tech. said no problem. Picked car up, same thing next morning. Turning key on 3 times seems to correct start issue. Took it back to subaru Wednesday since I was charged a diagnostic fee first time and it wasn't fixed. Got call today that tech started car 6 times one hr intervals and no problem. Should I take car to a different shop? I think it's the engine temp. Sensor. Is there any way to check that sensor?

Check fuel pump pressure and fuel pump flow. Most of the fuel needs to remain in the fuel system, even over night.
Therefore, fuel should not drain back to the tank. < That's the hint.
Yes the engine coolant temperature sensor can be tested with an OBD II scan tool.

Thank you for your response
. Picking car up again this am. They said there was no problem starting car. If it reoccur, taking it to a different mechanic

Ask a Question