Likely upcoming Subaru Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mhiggi02, Jul 27, 2019.

1. mhiggi02

mhiggi02

Hi, all. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and am in the market for a Subaru. I live in the city of Pittsburgh so I'm looking to strike the right balance between nimbleness and utility. I snow ski and mountain-bike. Our kids are in college so don't need a family hauler though the ability to throw a MTB IN the back vs. on a rack is attractive. Any insights/advice is welcomed!

mhiggi02, Jul 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. mhiggi02

Ozark_SyntheticsLLC

Welcome mhiggi02, welcome to the forum. I don't think you can go wrong with a Forester. Great resale, not too big not too small. Great for camping / biking gear.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

Ozark_SyntheticsLLC, Aug 9, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. mhiggi02

remy6908

Hi Mhiggi02,

I believe an Outback or Forester would be your best bet with the intentions you have. Main difference is the Outback has a higher towing capacity and a longer wheel base, making it more comfortable to drive. The forester is more utilitarian friendly as the rear is larger than the Outback and allows greater height capacity.

remy6908, Aug 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question