Lifting their Outback

Reaction score
Just for haha's I googled 'lifted subaru' and got all sorts of pics. But it wasn't till the second page I stumbled across LPaventure's Outback. Holy shit was that good looking. Being a previous Wrangler Rubicon owner, it got my blood flowing again. My gears are turning so to speak.

But here are a few questions I have (being new to Subaru's) that I bet I can answer myself, but looking for other opinions and confirmations:

1) Lifting Subarus seem easier than Jeeps. The lift kits I see are just spacers. Is it really that easy to put 2" in?

2) Mileage becomes an issue after lifting it. And especially after putting heavier rubber on the wheels. Anyone driving a lifted Subaru know what the approximate loss in mileage is?

3) Can the CVT transmission hold up to a lift and bigger tires? They're not exactly 'sporty' to begin with. But I'm more concerned with blowing up the trans 45,000 miles into ownership.

4) How are Subaru dealers with lifts? Jeep dealers are usually pretty accepting if they put it on, allows you to keep factory warranty as well. What's subaru's opinion on lifts?

Thanks for the info in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6964.JPG
    IMG_6964.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 459

Ask a Question