Legacy Engine

Reaction score
Hey everyone, after I purchased my car I brought it to a Subaru dealership to get a tune up and to make sure everyone was in good working order. The gentleman was really confused when he saw the engine bay and told me the engine that is in the car doesn’t match what would normally be there per the year (it’s a 2010) can anyone provide some info on this? Thank you!

Attachments

• 2BE68DC5-2D44-4E30-8CA9-C852E84DF983.jpeg
    2BE68DC5-2D44-4E30-8CA9-C852E84DF983.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 96
Is this a Legacy GT? Due to the modifications done they may not recognize it.

Thanks for the response! Yes it’s a GT limited. I only ask because the mechanic there said with this year model they don’t have “bottom mount” turbos, those are only on later years? Again I’m not an expert lol

Is this a Legacy GT? Due to the modifications done they may not recognize it.
Thanks for the response! Yes it’s a GT limited. I only ask because the mechanic there said with this year model they don’t have “bottom mount” turbos, those are only on later years? Again I’m not an expert lol

It looks like the did a mid model year change for the 2010. The later 2010 models went to the new setup that continue thru 2011.

Ask a Question