Intermittent WiFi Connectivity

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ascent and the WiFi is basically unusable. I have two WiFi networks in my house and both exhibit the same symptoms. I enter the SSID because i always mark my SSID's as "Do not Broadcast" and then the password. The car connects, briefly shows a good connection then drops back. It might remember that connection for a day or a week but eventually refuses to reconnect. I have to remove the connection and re-enter. Even when i connect, the connection is very, very slow and will pretty much time out when trying to update maps.

The dealer just sees that the car connects to the dealership WiFi and says it is normal. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am in IT and have been setting up home WiFi systems for a long time. All of my wireless devices connect flawlessly.

If you haven't done so. Go in and switch it to 2.5 mode instead of 5G if you have the split on the router.
It may help.

Ask a Question