Info on 2021 Crosstrek 2.5 engine

Discussion in 'Subaru Crosstrek' started by Bucky Kansas, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Bucky Kansas

Bucky Kansas

Interested in getting a new Crosstrek. Thinking of waiting for the promised larger engine this fall in the 2021 model. Just looking for details - arrival date, pricing, etc. Also if what new colors are coming in 2021. First posting in this forum.

Bucky Kansas, Mar 6, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Bucky Kansas

dlopan

hopefully pure red will go away

dlopan, Mar 21, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. Bucky Kansas

Bucky Kansas

Just hoping Quartz Blue Pearl is around in 2021.

Bucky Kansas, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Bucky Kansas

pingber

Just picked mine up a few hours ago. Very impressed with the larger engine. This replaced my 2017 Impreza with the 2.0 it wasn’t bad, and could easily keep up with traffic, even up to 80mph. But I wanted more oomph. The Crosstrek Limited with the 2.5 answers that wish.

pingber, Oct 29, 2020
  5. Bucky Kansas

JD10367

Enjoying my ‘21 Sport, over a month in and 2500 miles. The 2.5L engine from the Forester has plenty of oomph once it gets past “first gear”. Glad I shelled out the extra two grand for it. I use S for city and I for highway. Paddle shifters are really only good for engine braking, they make for a jerky “manual” as the CVT does a much smoother job of getting up to speed.

JD10367, Nov 8, 2020
  6. Bucky Kansas

pingber

Hmmm.. I really like the shifters. I find them silky smooth up and down, positive engagement. In fact, better than my MX5. And as far as oomph once out of first, I think it has incredible oomph off the line. My wife has a 2020 Forester..and that’s in I mode. No real need for S.
    No comparison...the Crosstrek FAR more responsive. I’m thinking you might want to have yours checked out?

pingber, Nov 9, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question