Info on 2021 Crosstrek 2.5 engine

Reaction score
Interested in getting a new Crosstrek. Thinking of waiting for the promised larger engine this fall in the 2021 model. Just looking for details - arrival date, pricing, etc. Also if what new colors are coming in 2021. First posting in this forum.

Just picked mine up a few hours ago. Very impressed with the larger engine. This replaced my 2017 Impreza with the 2.0 it wasn’t bad, and could easily keep up with traffic, even up to 80mph. But I wanted more oomph. The Crosstrek Limited with the 2.5 answers that wish.

Enjoying my ‘21 Sport, over a month in and 2500 miles. The 2.5L engine from the Forester has plenty of oomph once it gets past “first gear”. Glad I shelled out the extra two grand for it. I use S for city and I for highway. Paddle shifters are really only good for engine braking, they make for a jerky “manual” as the CVT does a much smoother job of getting up to speed.

Enjoying my ‘21 Sport, over a month in and 2500 miles. The 2.5L engine from the Forester has plenty of oomph once it gets past “first gear”. Glad I shelled out the extra two grand for it. I use S for city and I for highway. Paddle shifters are really only good for engine braking, they make for a jerky “manual” as the CVT does a much smoother job of getting up to speed.
Hmmm.. I really like the shifters. I find them silky smooth up and down, positive engagement. In fact, better than my MX5. And as far as oomph once out of first, I think it has incredible oomph off the line. My wife has a 2020 Forester..and that’s in I mode. No real need for S.
No comparison...the Crosstrek FAR more responsive. I’m thinking you might want to have yours checked out?

Hi,

Have you noticed any sputtering or jumps while driving? Mine sure does but I am curious if this is normal part of the break in. My 18 crosstrek premium had zero issues.

I’m at 3855 miles and the only time I’ve had that happen is when the stupid auto-start tried to turn my engine off as I started to move. No issues otherwise.

Hi,

Have you noticed any sputtering or jumps while driving? Mine sure does but I am curious if this is normal part of the break in. My 18 crosstrek premium had zero issues.
Nope. Not at all. Everything just fine. Bring it to the dealer.

Ask a Question