Impreza Wheel and Tire Suggestions

Reaction score
I got a 2022 Impreza convenience with automatic and eyesight and I need to get a set of summer wheels with tires. I plan on trying to get a bit more performance for acceleration and cornering at speeds of 55kms an hour or less.

My first question, is there a significant weight savings between a 17in wheel and a 18in wheel to notice a difference? I know it depends on the wheel but it wouldnt be a forged wheel, just something basic like an oem cast aluminum wheel. What about 16in vs 18in?

Second question, lets say i did a 16in wheel with a tire that had a very short sidewall. I know that with throw off the speedometer and make the wheel wells look funny. But will it affect any computers or the eyesight or anything else?

Thanks!

I would get a set of stock wheels and throw some good summer tires on them. No need to get complicated with wheel sizes and weight. A good set of summer performance tires will do just fine for what you want.

Ask a Question