i really like my crosstrek 6MT premium

Reaction score
the EPA combined rating on the crosstrek with the 6 speed is 25 MPG. i have already obtained 29+ MPG and it's still climbing the more i drive it. this is my first manual car, although i am a truck driver and drive a T880 day cab with an eaton 18 speed on a daily basis. commercial truck manuals and car manuals arent the same, so im learning something new with the car. IF you can drive a commercial truck, you will get the car down the road but you just wont be very good at it. i really like the premium manual package. it has the things i want, and skips the nonsense i dont want. i dont want a CVT, eyesight, push to start, start-stop technology, or headlights that move as you turn. i think some of these things SOUND nice but in practice it is more stuff that can break. i want 15 years out of this car, if not more. im not really too fond of the touch screen, it's something else that can break and it limits any customization of the car audio (if you wish). i think the 2.0 is adequate with the manual, the CVT i test drove when i ordered the car was quite a bit more underpowered.

i think it would be nice if they offered a 2.5 option with a manual. they should offer a manual in every trim package. you should be able to add and subtract features as you wish. despite this, i am overall happy with this car. great gas mileage and plenty enough power for a commuter car. it should be a tank in the winter.

Ask a Question