How much should I offer on this new 2021 Forester Premium

Its hard for anyone to give you a "pay this much" because markets are different everywhere. Here in Central NC, Subaru isnt quite as popular as say Northern or Midwest states and that affects the price a dealer is willing to discount. The best advise I can give is shop your area. Look at what's available within a 100 mile radius or as far you are willing to travel. Subaru isnt a huge margin brand. There isnt the mark up that most people think. Dealers dont make thousands of dollars on a single sale. Now a days its more about volume.

Go to the Subaru site and "Build" the same vehicle with all the options.If you got the vehicle out the door for that price you are doing OK.
The dealer will balk because there is a supply issue and they are getting full price or more. When you show up with a printout of what you did at the Subaru site you can simply ask how they justify their price.
Please post back with the build price and your dealer experience. I'm considering the same model. Maybe a Sport though.

Ask a Question