Homelink

Reaction score
I programmed the Homelink (2023 Outback) with my Chamberlain remote. I note that the range of the Homelink stinks (have to be almost in the driveway). My other cars are a few houses away. Any way of increasing the power?

There is no way to increase the transmission power of Homelink.
Any garage door frequency is hackable and the more power, the easier the "hackers" access / capture the frequency from a greater distance.

Comparing Toyota to what model, what year and compared to an other manufacturer and installed equipment?

Remote radio transmitters generally use similar frequencies that are closely shared between other remote devices. With other and added equipment for the modern vehicles ie: ADAS equipment, some frequencies can suffer broadcast power. Other issues are the placement of the radio transmitter. Placing the transmitter with close proximity to metal roof panels along with other electronic equipment will affect the radio transmission and power output of one or more radio transmitters.

All transmission frequencies and power outputs are are measurable with either expensive or simplistic equipment.
https://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/doc/sdrs-for-test-and-measurement-0001

Ask a Question