Hi. Have a look at this.

Reaction score
Hi

A bit of a car guy but not much of a Subaru guy.
Kind’a liked them to an extent.

Had a look at one recently.
Looked like it would be a decent project car given the state it’s in.

Have a look & tell me what you think is affected and if you think restoration is worth it.

and also - I kind’a like how they look - but what do you think about this model?

Not sure of the year or any other info - I just know that it’s an Impreza S-GT.

Manual. The gear shifter seems locked though. Not sure if it’s in neutral or in gear.
Maybe the impact also affected the gearbox.

Had a quick look but it was at night - couldn’t properly check.

wondering if the engine works.
It couldn’t start when tried but seemed like a battery problem.

but the radio/dvd would play for a minute or two - then the car electricals would reset - cut off for a second and back on. Repeat. (The same happens when trying to start the car.)

battery? faulty ECU?

Would like to take a closer look at it soon.

10093D13-81F5-446D-91E0-AE57049BB943.jpeg
D2A3105F-4782-4F0A-B83B-900A75B8D745.jpeg
4348D1E5-6B97-4811-8537-E41D2290FC39.jpeg
0F15D163-81C8-4ED2-B18A-9BDFD622394D.jpeg
9FDC28BB-305C-4327-BEC9-5BEBDD1A8A18.jpeg
ED4A0AF9-07BF-4912-92D3-21FC9B7BF053.jpeg

That is pretty extensive damage. Looks to be serious intrusion.
Sounds like you are going to play the devil with the electrical system. You could get lucky. Not just Subaru, but any modern vehicle with extensive electrical problems could be costly to irreparable. If you are handy enough, and get the right price, it is your choice.
Check the engine and transmission mounts. They are made to break away and travel under the drivers compartment, or it looks new enough. That may be your shift lock. It will be quite the project, it seems.It the engine has traveled I'd walk.
Happy Shopping..

That is pretty extensive damage. Looks to be serious intrusion.
Sounds like you are going to play the devil with the electrical system. You could get lucky. Not just Subaru, but any modern vehicle with extensive electrical problems could be costly to irreparable. If you are handy enough, and get the right price, it is your choice.
Check the engine and transmission mounts. They are made to break away and travel under the drivers compartment, or it looks new enough. That may be your shift lock. It will be quite the project, it seems.It the engine has traveled I'd walk.
Happy Shopping..

Hmm. Thought so.
Even the chassis looks done for.

but if there is hope, do you think the shell is good?
Say dropping a JZ in it

Hmm. Thought so.
Even the chassis looks done for.

but if there is hope, do you think the shell is good?
Say dropping a JZ in it
Sorry. Dunno. I'm not a Subaru guru either. Just as a general observation. These cars are pretty electronically integrated in the later years like all of them. Might be a viable part car though. Engine could be in tact but if the frame, or uni-body, or what ever it is is compromised, it will be a tough paper route. It looks to have some bones left, but without getting elbow deep, it is near impossible to tell.
It has been a long time since restoring autos, and it was from another era. I miss those days, but in almost every way, today's are better.
I can't believe someone hasn't commented. Subaru folks seem more rabid than the Mini community in a lot of ways. Maybe just not in the rebuild department.

Oh my! The chassis and engine are done for!

-------------------------------------------------
Coding for kids begins with the fundamentals and progresses to the development of core coding skills.

Oh my! The chassis and engine are done for!

-------------------------------------------------
Coding for kids begins with the fundamentals and progresses to the development of core coding skills.
There is a definite shift in the passenger side of the engine compartment. I'm not Subaru enough to know exactly what that could involve, but imagining the size of the engine and the shape of the boxer, and just in general construction, it don't look promising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mustangman35

Latest Threads

Back