Help! Rod sticking out from bottom of car

Reaction score
Unsure what to do, it is raining right now so I can't get underneath and look. There is a rod sticking out from under my car (XV Crosstrek 2014). I was driving yesterday and heard a noise like a rock got thrown under my car or something. It went away after a couple seconds so I thought nothing of it. Car drove fine on highway for an hour. Tries to drive just now and it was making this noise again, and it was the rod dragging. :( seems to be a part of the car (guessing)

Is this something I can fix, or should I take it in? And if I have to drive, what should I do to stop it from dragging?

Thanks for any help!!!

Attachments

• 20220111_152640.jpg
    20220111_152640.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 152
For safety purposes, I wouldnt drive the car until you figure out what thats for.

I agree, Looks like a hood support rod. I wouldn't be concerned going forward but I would not back up for sure. Maybe drive to a shop and pull into their lift.

Did you ever figure it out? My friend has the exact same rod sticking out of her Forester

Unsure what to do, it is raining right now so I can't get underneath and look. There is a rod sticking out from under my car (XV Crosstrek 2014). I was driving yesterday and heard a noise like a rock got thrown under my car or something. It went away after a couple seconds so I thought nothing of it. Car drove fine on highway for an hour. Tries to drive just now and it was making this noise again, and it was the rod dragging. :( seems to be a part of the car (guessing)

Is this something I can fix, or should I take it in? And if I have to drive, what should I do to stop it from dragging?

Thanks for any help!!!

Ask a Question