HELP A NOOB!

Reaction score
'04 Impreza EJ25 SOHC. I have done several motor/ head swaps. Easy enough. But.... My sis broke timing belt. The motor did start and run while cold after belt replacement. Leak test showed all cylinders major leak. Pulled heads. At least 6 bent exhaust valves bent, 2 *maybe* just carbon fouled. All intake valves do not *fluid* leak. I have 2 good DOHC and the computer. I also have 4 SOHC but newer, everything above the cams are different and the valve covers have a bolt hole in the center that threads into a bracket. Ok, here goes the crazy...
1) Is there any chance we can just replace the valves without machining/ checking bearings and cams, or worrying about valve stem guides being damaged, etc... IDK how bad bending valves can damage head components...
2) Is it possible to swap all old rocker ams/ stuff above cams and keepers into the newer SOHC heads, and install the newer heads?
3) Can we just install DOHC and belt, and computer and drive off into the sunset?
She lives 4 hours away, and I'd like to fix in 1 trip.
Thanks, and if it's leaking oil it has oil!

Last edited:

Ask a Question