HELP! 2015 Subaru Crosstrek Grinding & Ticking Noise

Reaction score
Hi!

My 2015 Subaru Crosstrek (Automatic) has started making a strange grinding noise when I accelerate around 20-40mph. The noise stops every time I stop pressing on the gas pedal but starts when I press again. The noise will last for about 5ish seconds before going away. The sound does NOT happen every time I am accelerating within the mph range- but tends to come and go. I also noticed a ticking sound appears almost every time after the grinding sound shows up. This ticking stops after a few minutes.

I took my car to a local mechanic last Friday to address this issue and he replaced the rear wheel bearing but nothing has changed, the noises are still present. I called the shop again for advice and the mechanic said to drive on it through the weekend to see if it gets any worse and to bring it in again if it persists. Well, 2 days have passed and it sounds the same as before I brought it in!

Has anyone had this problem or know what it could be? As a single woman in her mid-20s I'm looking for any advice I can get to avoid getting taken advantage of. I've already paid $600 for the previous "fix".

I have videos (mp4 files) of the noises but am unsure of how to add them to the post, if you know how to add them let me know!

All comments, questions, or concerns are appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Where about does the sound come from and can you feel it? Also you can just upload to youtube.

Thanks for the reply! I cannot feel it at all. The grinding noise comes from the front passenger side of the car. Ticking noise from the back passenger side.

Here are links to the noises
Grinding noise:
Ticking noise:
Did you ever find out the problem? Be nice for other on the forum to know as well

Ask a Question